Serves 6 — Recommended Serving: About 1/2 cup of dip and one cup of vegetables
108 calories per portion
- 3 cups low-fat plain yogurt, drained for 3 hours
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup prepared Mexican salsa
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Black pepper, optional
- 6 cups assorted snacking vegetables such as: baby carrots, cauliflower or broccoli flowerets, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini sticks
- cilantro leaves, garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the drained yogurt with all remaining ingredients for dip except salt and pepper.
- Allow to chill covered for 15 minutes or more. Before serving, adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Chop all vegetables, arrange on a large platter surrounding a medium-sized soup bowl.
- When ready, spoon dip into center bowl, garnish with additional cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
Calories per serving:108
Saturated Fat: 1g
When yogurt is placed in a coffee filter or cheesecloth-lined sieve (over a bowl) and allowed to drain for several hours, much of the extra moisture drains away, leaving a thicker consistency. The longer it is drained, the thicker it becomes, ultimately becoming the consistency of cream cheese.
With its good nutrition and low-fat content, drained yogurt is a great base for many flavored snacking dips to accompany both vegetables and fruits. Occasionally, the term “yogurt cheese” is used to designate drained yogurt.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of calcium, potassium and fiber.
all-natural, behavior modification, best weight loss program, creamy dip, creamy mexican salsa dip, daily phone coaching, diet, fast weight loss, genetix, gx program, healthy, healthy creamy salsa, healthy diet, heathy recipe, lose weight, losing weight, medically guided, mexican salsa, natural weight loss, no pills, nutrition, obesity, program, protein shakes, tampa weight loss, weight loss