Serves 4 — Recommended Serving: 3 mozzarella bites and 1 tablespoon sauce
91 calories per portion
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 (1-ounce) sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheons)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup panko to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and place the panko in a shallow dish.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces. Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese in egg substitute; dredge in panko. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened and thoroughly heated.
- Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds. Serve with mozzarella pieces.
Calories per serving:91
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
all-natural, baked mozzarella bites, behavior modification, best weight loss program, daily phone coaching, diet, fast weight loss, genetix, gx program, healthy, healthy diet, healthy recipe, lose weight, losing weight, medically guided, natural weight loss, no pills, nutrition, obesity, program, protein shakes, recipe, tampa weight loss, weight loss