- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2-4 garlic cloves, left whole but peeled
- 1 eggplant, about 8 oz/225 g, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 2 zucchini, about 6 oz/175 g, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 10 1/2 oz/300 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small wedges
- 2 assorted colored bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh basil
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Place the onion wedges, whole garlic, and eggplant cubes in a large roasting pan.
2) Add the zucchini, squash, and peppers to the roasting pan, then pour over the oil. Turn the vegetables until they are lightly coated in the oil.
3) Roast the vegetables for 35 to 40 minutes, or until softened but not mushy. Turn the vegetables over occasionally during cooking.
4) Remove the vegetables from the oven. Season with pepper to taste, and stir. Scatter with shredded basil and serve divided among 4 warmed bowls while still warm.
100-calorie, all-natural, behavior modification, best weight loss program, daily phone coaching, diet, genetix, gx program, healthy, lose weight, medically guided, no pills, program, recipe, roasted vegetables, tampa weight loss, weight loss