Melon & Strawberry Crunch
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup oat bran
2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
Scant 1/4 cup plumped dried apricots, finely chopped
1/2 melon, such as galia
8 oz strawberries
2/3 cup orange juice or lowfat milk, to serve (optional)
1) Put the rolled oats and oat bran in a bowl and stir in the almonds and dried apricots.
2) Discard the skin and seeds from the melon and cut into small bite-size pieces. Halve the strawberries if large.
3) Divide the rolled oat mixture among 4 individual bowls then top with the fruits. If desired, serve with either lowfat milk or orange juice.
For more fun and healthy recipes, news, success stories and more, be sure to visit our Facebook often to see whats new!
Total Time Prep: 30 min.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 (14-oz) bag red pre-sliced apple
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; whisk in brown sugar until smooth. Combine apples with mixture.
2. Arrange apple slices in a 9×13 inch baking dish; top with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes or until are soft and dark brown.
Vit A: 8%
Vit C: 220%