Melon & Strawberry Crunch
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup oat bran
2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
Scant 1/4 cup plumped dried apricots, finely chopped
1/2 melon, such as galia
8 oz strawberries
2/3 cup orange juice or lowfat milk, to serve (optional)
1) Put the rolled oats and oat bran in a bowl and stir in the almonds and dried apricots.
2) Discard the skin and seeds from the melon and cut into small bite-size pieces. Halve the strawberries if large.
3) Divide the rolled oat mixture among 4 individual bowls then top with the fruits. If desired, serve with either lowfat milk or orange juice.
For more fun and healthy recipes, news, success stories and more, be sure to visit our Facebook often to see whats new!
Mushroom Stuffed Turkey
4 turkey scallops, about 3 oz each
4 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 oz pearl mushrooms
1 tomato, seeded
Fresh basil sprigs or salad greens, to garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the turkey scallops between two sheets of parchment paper and pound lightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Take care not to tear the flesh. Keep covered and set aside.
2) Place the scallions, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and pepper to taste in a food processor and process for 1 minute, or until finely chopped.
3) Divide the stuffing into 4 portions and use to spread to encase the stuffing and secure with either string or wooden toothpicks. Cut out four 6-inch squares of parchment paper and wrap each turkey scallop in a square of paper.
4) Place the parcels in a roasting pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Remove and serve sliced with a garnish of basil sprigs or salad greens.
Weight loss got you confused?
If you are like the many Americans out there who are continuously battling to keep the weight at bay, you know it is certainly no walk in the park.
We want to hear your vote on today’s poll question:
What keeps most people from controlling their weight?