Mushroom Stuffed Turkey
4 turkey scallops, about 3 oz each
4 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 oz pearl mushrooms
1 tomato, seeded
Fresh basil sprigs or salad greens, to garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the turkey scallops between two sheets of parchment paper and pound lightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Take care not to tear the flesh. Keep covered and set aside.
2) Place the scallions, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and pepper to taste in a food processor and process for 1 minute, or until finely chopped.
3) Divide the stuffing into 4 portions and use to spread to encase the stuffing and secure with either string or wooden toothpicks. Cut out four 6-inch squares of parchment paper and wrap each turkey scallop in a square of paper.
4) Place the parcels in a roasting pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Remove and serve sliced with a garnish of basil sprigs or salad greens.
Roasted Heirloom Squash with Sea Salt and Honey
Serving size: 8 (4 or 5 slices each)
Prep: 30 minutes
Roast: 30 minutes
4 to 5 pounds winter squash (use at least 2 varieties,
such as acorn, butternut, kabocha, or kuri), seeded
(but not peeled) and cut into 1-inch-thick slices or wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey (for first drizzle)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons snipped fresh herbs, such as sage,
rosemary, thyme, oregano, and / or marjoram
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon honey (for second drizzle)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large shallow backing
pans with foil; set aside. Place squash in a very large bowl;
drizzle with oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. Using fingertips,
rub oil and honey into squash pieces to coat. Sprinkle with
1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Arrange squash in single layer in prepared pans.
2. Roast squash 30 to 45 minutes or until tender, turning pieces
once or twice during roasting. Transfer squash to a serving platter.
Sprinkle with herbs and the 1/8 teaspoon sea salt. Drizzle with
1 teaspoon honey. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per serving):
Total fat: 5g
Our Genetix Program Coaches work with each client daily to help them reach their weight loss goals. They are a talented and inspiring bunch and we’re lucky to have them on our team. We have MALE coaches too! Introducing Craig…